Who Are You Following Today For Your Success In Life?
by Ngozi Nwoke

Where are you going and who is guiding you to the place? Some people know where they are going but are following the wrong guides. It is one thing to know where you are going, and another thing to know how to get there. This article emphasizes the importance of following the right guides.

And though the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your teachers will not be moved into a corner anymore, but your eyes shall see your teachers. Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left - Isaiah 30:20-21 (NKJV)

Prepare your outside work, make it fit for yourself in the field; and afterward build your house - Proverbs 24:27 (NKJV)

He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed - Proverbs 13:20 (NKJV)

It is vital that you discover God's plan for your life and equally important to know who will guide you to your destiny. The path you want to tread, some persons have gone on it before and were successful. Isaac Newton made us to understand that if we have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants. You need to find the giants, and it should not be any person but the people God ordained to guide you. So, just like you received your purpose in life, go back to God and ask Him who you are to follow.

God promised in Isaiah 30:20-21, that your teachers will not be hidden from you, they are there to tell you which side to turn to per time. They can do this face to face, or through their books, CDs or live teachings. They are not far from you, so find them. Where you are going is glorious and you must get there.

A guide helps you to prepare for the fulfillment of God's agenda for you. Even if it's not yet time to launch out as God directed you, you still need to prepare. How will you launch out if you are not prepared? Your preparation, to a great extent, determines the timing of your showing. David was already a shepherd boy leading sheep (1 Samuel 16:11) when God called him to lead men. He used many of the things he learned and practiced as a shepherd boy (1 Samuel 17:34-50) to become a successful King that the world will never forget. You need to prepare your way and make it fit for the assignment before launching out (Proverbs 24:27). Don't wait till then to prepare, if not you may discover you are not ready when the opportunity comes.

Who you walk with determines what you become. Walk with the wise and you will become wise, walk with the fools and you will be destroyed (Proverbs 13:20). Who you follow must be someone who has reached or has gone far towards where you are going. If you are to be an evangelist, you don't follow a pastor. If you are to be an engineer, you don't follow a doctor. You don't follow people because you like them or what they represent. Yes, you can learn from them, but not to follow them. Following them won't get you to where you are supposed to go.

When God called Elisha to be a prophet, he followed Elijah till he departed (1 Kings 19:19-21) and he ended up with double of Elijah's anointing (2 Kings 2:9-15). Elisha in his office as a prophet performed twice the miracles that Elijah performed. Joshua followed Moses and succeeded him at the end of Moses stay on earth (Exodus 24:13, Numbers 27:18-23). And all Christians are following Jesus Christ to be like Him and to end up where He is now. Who are you following?

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print