What Is Your Worth As A Christian?
by Ngozi Nwoke

Are you a believing Christian? Do you feel cheated because you are saved? Some Christians sometimes feel they are missing out something because they are saved. This I attribute to lack of knowledge, because if you know who you are in Christ, you will be on top all the time. This post aims at painting a picture of your worth as a Christian.
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; - 1 Peter 2:9 (NKJV)
For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother - Matthew 12:50 (NKJV)
How will you feel if you are the child of your boss, or the president's child, or the King's child? Touch not? Take some time and consider the privileges you would be enjoying and then imagine you as a child of the Almighty God (the overall Boss).

However, many Christians have not realized this truth, that you are the overall Boss' son or daughter! You are a royal priesthood, His own special person and the apple of His eyes, (Deuteronomy 32:10, Zechariah 2:8). God's people are truly destroyed for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6). When you understand who you are in Christ, your response to things and circumstances will be different.

Jesus said that once you are doing the will of God, you are His brother or sister or mother, which means the privileges He has you also have. IT IS THE TRUTH. The challenge some Christians have is that they don't believe it and they can't imagine it. Note that God says what He means and means what He says.

Elijah walked in this truth. In 1 Kings 18:20-40, when there was a contest between Elijah and servants of Baal, Elijah told God to send fire down that the people would know that He is God and him the servant of God and God answered. Another time in 2 Kings 1:1-15, King Ahaziah sent soldiers to go and bring Elijah to him. The first two sets of soldiers went and called him man of God and asked him to come down, and Elijah said to them that if he is a man of God then let fire come down and consume them and it happened. Also, he prayed that there be no rain for three and half years and it happened, and he prayed again and rain came down. He knew the power and authority available to him.

Paul is another example, he shook off a poisonous viper that should have killed him and nothing happened to him (Acts 28:3-6), they stoned him till they thought he was dead but he just got up and walked away (Acts 14:19-20), he went through so many things that should have cut short his life and he didn't die (2 Corinthians 11:22-33). He exercised his authority over death, to the point he was considering whether to stay on earth or to go (Philippians 1:21-25).

Christ in John 14:12 said that you will do greater things than He did, and are you still seeing yourself as a small person? You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you (Philippians 4:13). You can tell any mountain to move and it will move (Mark 11:23), cast out devils and they will obey you, trample on serpents and drink any deadly thing by mistake and nothing will happen to you (Mark 16:17-18), seek first the kingdom of God and every other thing will be added to you (Matthew 6:33). Do you see your worth as a Christian? Can you boldly declare your stand for God now?

No amount of money or worldly or devilish power is worth your position as a child of God. As a child of God, you are seated in heavenly places far above them all (Ephesians 2:5-6, Ephesians 1:20-21). You have a lot to gain here on earth and afterwards eternal life (Mark 10:30).

What is missing?
Lack of knowledge of God's word, unbelief and doubt are the little foxes stealing your inheritance in Christ. You have to make out time for God and His words and spend time in prayers. What you sow you reap, the more time you spend with God, the more of Him you will see in your life. Those who serve the devil make out time for him; otherwise, they won't get what they want from him. But some Christians have allowed the enemy to keep them away from what will empower them to overcome him. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. What He did with and for others, He will do for you today.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print