TOTAL STRANGERS
by Veronica Mello


Prayers from a grateful nation to our troops



Dear Father,



My heart is heavy now as I settle for the night. I think of the wondrous blessings you have bestowed upon me and my country. I feel so undeserving, and wonder why You chose me, a child most unworthy.



My life is full of the bounty you have granted, a loving husband, wonderful friends, a beautiful home, comfortable finances and good health. Thank you, Lord.



As I look at the wide, comfortable bed I am about to sleep in, cool air wafting from the vents, safe in the quiet serenity that cloaks my home, I cannot help but think of my brothers and sisters in arms, whose night will in no way resemble mine.



No flies seek my face to torment me, no biting sand fills my eyes and mouth, no unrelenting sun beats down upon my back. No bomb will explode in my tent as I try to sleep, no terrorist will kidnap me for torture and propaganda.



I will not watch my friends die before my eyes, killed by an enemy whose soul purpose for living seems to be our annihilation. No, my night will not be like that because they stepped up to the plate, seeing a job that had to be done, and doing it because they are dedicated protecting me, our country and the way of life we all treasure. Total strangers offer their lives to ensure the safety of their unknown kinsmen. In some small and wonderful way, it reflects what You did.



Here, there is food aplenty, fresh clothes, clean water to drink, poured over glasses filled with ice, hot showers and loving, smiling faces wishing me well.



I know it is not so for them. My lips tremble at the thought, the simple, take for granted every day thought of not being able to bathe. What a pitiful excuse for a human being I am that the idea of being without a shower could bring on such self-pity. I seem to care so much for the wrong things.



But there are those who do not, and it is for these I pray. Father, keep our troops safe, in body, mind and spirit. Shield them from the fear and torment they live with daily, give them the valor needed to carry on, for in Your Name, the victory shall be ours. My life is what it is today only because men and women of great courage and honor have answered their countrys call.



War is not a new thing, Lord, nor will this be the last. You knew it, both here and in Heaven. It seems to be our way, angels and humans.



I know the battle is Yours and I pray that you hold the lives of our troops in the palm of Your Hand. Keep them safe from the enemy, give them the courage to carry on, and like your servant, David, who in the face of horrendous odds, overcame the enemy, may victory be theirs.


Amen.


AUTHOR: Pen name: SHOWTIMEBOOK
Resides in California















This is a multi-author labor of love.  It is a collection of prayers, poems and letters in support of our military members and their families written with respect and love.  The title of the collection is WITH LOVE AND PRAYERS TO THOSE WHO SERVE.  Each author's name will be included with their indiv

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print