OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES
by linzy bruno

 















T.J. walked quickly ahead of his classmates, during lunch, down a dark forbidden hallway of their Jr. high school; fully aware that he and the other students weren't supposed to be in that particular part of the building. Suddenly, he felt his insides twist and his head snap without his consent to where Carl was standing and laughing loudly. "Hey big mouth what the hell?" T.J. inquired, as he rubbed his neck roughly to demonstrate his pain and annoyance to Carl, whose friendship he was beginning to question, as all the other boys looked on in surprise and concern.


"Sorry," Carl replied; still giggling to himself. "Anyway, you were louder than I was just now...." he argued.


"I don't think so.....Ahhh, forget it. I wanna get back in time to eat something anyway," T.J. replied; still sneering, as he continued to rub his neck and look around to see who was paying attention to his displays of anger.


"Not yet..." Carl insisted. "We still haven't found the peep hole that looks into the girls locker room yet," but all the other boys were already turning around, so T.J. and Carl followed.


The boys got back just as the others were filing out of the cafeteria. T.J. continued in his bad mood for the rest of the school day. By the time he got off the bus, he was even more upset with some of the students he rode home with, as he questioned THEIR devotion to his friendship.


"How was your day Honey?" his mother asked, as he stomped past her on his way to the refrigerator.


"It sucked....if you MUST KNOW" he replied. I got into a few fights and then on the way home, this JERK started hassling me!"


"T.J! That's not a very nice way to talk and you know it!" she replied. "Go to your room now! We'll continue this discussion later!"


T.J. went to his room and slammed the door behind him. Later that week, his report card came; full of complaints concerning his behavior, along with a request for a parent/teacher conference, but nothing his parents or his school could say or do seemed to make any lasting impression.


T.J. grew up treating others harshly, but still managed to attract the attention of a sweet understanding godly woman, who fell deeply in love with him, despite his unpleasant disposition. He married her and continued in his disturbing ways. They had a son and he was a good father, except when things didn't go his way.


One Saturday morning, when his son was six and a half years old, his wife suggested they go enjoy the nice weather, with one arm over her son's shoulder: "Come on T, it's a beautiful day! Let's all go do something......like....have a picnic in the park!"


"NAH! I don't feel like it!" he hollered. "I have a splitting headache!"


"Oh come on. It'll be fun!" his wife insisted. "It might make ya feel better!"


"Oh alright, if it'll stop your nagging!" he hollered.


They drove in silence, as T.J. unconsciously worked on his frown lines. As his wife spread a table cloth on one of the picnic tables and put out a delightful lunch, T.J. sat and sulked on the bench. "Daddy, I want you to smile!" his son said suddenly; laying his head on his father's lap for a moment.


"What?"


"Smile Dad......just chill," his son replied; gazing into his father's eyes. "God wants you to and so does Mom," he continued, with his eyes glistening almost brighter than the sunshine that memorable afternoon.


 


 


 

 

 

 


 




 

 



 

 



 





 









 


 


Linzy has been writing for many years; seriously since her 3 kids were still young and inspirational. She has taken 2 courses in Bible studies and completed "Four Soils" Bible study course in a 26-month period; earning her certification in Bible Counselling.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print