It Made Me a Believer
by PamFord Davis

I believe in mudding.

No, I do not refer to monster truck or ATV outings to mud holes.

I certainly don't mean mud wrestling.

I recall childhood experiences when my Mom used mud for medicinal purposes. When a sibling or I got stung by a bee or wasp, Mom made a paste mixture from dirt and water. She applied mud to the affected area. There may not be a great deal of scientific evidence to its healing properties; I only know it made me a believer.

"As He was passing by, He saw a man blind from birth. His disciples questioned Him: 'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?'

'Neither this man nor his parents sinned,' Jesus answered. 'This came about so that God's works might be displayed in him. We must do the works of Him who sent Me while it is day. Night is coming when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.'

'After He said these things He spit on the ground, made some mud from the saliva, and spread the mud on his eyes. 'Go,' He told him, 'wash in the pool of Siloam' (which means 'Sent'). So he left, washed, and came back seeing.

His neighbors and those who formerly had seen him as a beggar said, 'Isn't this the man who sat begging?' Some said, 'He's the one.' 'No,' others were saying, 'but he looks like him.'

He kept saying, 'I'm the one!'

Therefore they asked him, 'Then how were your eyes opened?'

He answered, 'The man called Jesus made mud, spread it on my eyes, and told me, 'Go to Siloam and wash.' So when I went and washed I received my sight (John 9:1-11 HCSB)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print