Dazzling Diamonds
by PamFord Davis

Ponder the contrast.

Pet owners believe that a dog is man's best friend. It's said that diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Diamonds make poor company if in need of company and consoling.

As a token of his enduring love, an admirer or spouse gives his best girl a diamond ring. The act far outweighs the carrot weight of that diamond.

Are diamonds mentioned in the Bible?

Yes, but the times are few. That gives me the impression that they do not carry much weight with God.

In one instance, a diamond is used as a writing instrument

"The sin of Judah is written with a pen of iron, and with the point of a diamond: it is graven upon the table of their heart, and upon the horns of your altars (Jeremiah 17:1 KJV)."

Note another contrast. A diamond, which dazzles in the light, recorded the darkness of sin.

"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved (John 3:19-20 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print