Torment Me Not!
by Ngozi Nwoke

Have you ever wondered why Jesus granted the demons their request in Luke 8:26-39? Do you wish that wicked people will just disappear or be destroyed? As much as one would like that, it happens not to be God's best for them. This article reveals Christ's best for them.

When he saw Jesus, he cried out, fell down before Him, and with a loud voice said, "What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me! Now a herd of many swine was feeding there on the mountain. So they begged Him that He would permit them to enter them. And He permitted them - Luke 8:28, 32 (NKJV).

But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust - Matthew 5:44-45 (NKJV).

Why would Jesus permit the demon's request? Jesus granted the demons their request because He is love, He is not them or like them. It is God's nature to be good. Surely, their time for punishment and torment is certain and will surely come, and anyone who chooses to remain with them will suffer with them then. However, here Jesus showed us an example to follow. If Christ didn't torment them, why should we His children ask that other human beings be tormented? This example of Jesus helped me to understand how Matthew 5: 44-45 can be applied to a witch, wizard, or oppressors, etc.

God expects you to be like Jesus: to love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. In essence, not obeying this instruction makes your sonship questionable.

You are above those in darkness; you have no need to fear them. They can't do anything to you. Only those who fear are tormented, for fear has torments and those who fear have not been made perfect in love (1 John 4:18). You are to know the word of God and be prayerful. Be convinced of your position in Christ, knowing that greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4); again, if God is for you who can be against you (Romans 8:31). You are to walk in the knowledge of the truth.

You need to understand that if you have the Spirit of God in you, you have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16) and the love of God is shared abroad in your heart (Romans 5:5), therefore you can love even as Christ loves. What differentiates us from others is the love of God! For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). Also, God demonstrates His love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).

What should you do in cases of wickedness?

Stand in your position as a child of God and command the demons to leave in the name of Jesus. Use the relevant words of God to demand your freedom from all oppression of the devil, and expect God's word to come to pass in your life, in faith. Have Faith in God.

Furthermore, pray for the oppressors, for truly, if they have the understanding that you have, they will be saved and join you in serving God (2 Corinthians 4:4, Luke 8:12). Then, their wickedness will cease and everyone they have been tormenting will have peace. And that will be one soul (with a chain of other souls following) delivered from the army of the enemy, causing jubilation in heaven (Luke 15:7). It is not the will of God that any should perish but that all will have eternal life (2 Peter 3:9).

Go and do God's words, the grace of God is sufficient unto you.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print