Can You See The Wind?
by Ken Barnes

He who forms the mountains, who creates the wind, and who reveals his thoughts to mankind, who turns dawn to darkness, and treads on the heights of the earththe Lord God Almighty is his name. (Amos 4:13 NIV).

In many of our spiritual struggles it often seems like our pleas with God go unheeded. The movement of God's Spirit, like the wind, though unobservable, always accomplishes its intended purpose.

One day this fall the pressures of life seemed to be encroaching increasingly upon me, and God appeared to be a bit hearing impaired. The wind was blowing briskly that day, and the leaves were swirling around. I looked up, and I said, God you control the wind, can you not control my circumstances? A few minutes later the Lord started to answer my question. In my mind's eye, I saw a conversation between the Lord and myself. The Lord started the conversation. He said, did you see the wind? I answered yes; I saw the leaves blowing. Curiously, He asked the same question again. Did you see the wind? I answered yes; I saw the tree limbs swinging. A third time the Lord started to speak, and it's as if he is saying, read my lips. He repeated the same question, but this time I began to get the message. The Holy Spirit can be active yet still be unseen and silent.

There was one further exchange between the Lord and myself. The Lord's final retort was, you the finite might want to be a little more careful in talking about one who is infinite. He was a very graciously saying, maybe you shouldn't talk about what you don't understand. My reply was short. Yes, Sir.

I worked for seventeen years as a missionary with Youth With A Mission.  My missionary work has taken me to Mexico, Canada, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Spain, and Ukraine.  I hold a Masters of Education in curriculum and instruction from Virginia Commonwealth University.  [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print