19 Minutes of 'Bad Moms' Portrays the State of Today's Culture
by David Domzalski

19 minutes. That's all my wife and I needed to realize that Bad Moms wasn't for us. Well, it was more of her doing than mine. When I pay $5.99 for a movie rental, I commit. For better or worse. My wife wanted to see this one for a long time, so I figured let's stick with it.

Oh well. She was having none of it. And based on how the storyline was developing (if you can even call it a storyline), I completely see where she's coming from.

Let's see. There was the obligatory aloof father, which has become a classic mainstay in American television and film. In Bad Moms, the father is a having an online affair and thinks D's are solid grades for his children. He's also portrayed as lazy and was exhausted after a day featuring two conference calls.

Then, if that's not bad enough, there was the fact that the overworked mother stayed out at a bar drinking with other mothers. And she did this while her two middle school aged children were home without their father because the mother kicked him out.

And I believe that's as far as we made it. I mean, the movie was made by the guys that did the Hangover, so what can you expect?

This is what our culture is about today.

Men aren't valued. They're idiots.

Women are the overworked go-getters of society who have to babysit the men.

Children are burdens who suck the life out of parents.

And we all should just strive for the good old college days. Just drink. Neglect your duties. Drink more and pretend life is one big party.

Except it isn't. Sure, we all deserve a break. But, if we went the way of the "bad moms", we wouldn't have much of a faith, family, or society.

Instead, burnout should lead us to look up. It should bring us to our knees in prayer. It should teach us to ask Him for help instead of asking the bartender for another drink.

Rather than give up, offer up your prayers to the Lord.

Keep going.

#FinishTheRace #KeepTheFaith #FightTheGoodFight

David Domzalski is an Orthodox Christian who is out to help others draw closer to God.  He lives in Gettysburg, PA with his wife, son, and pug.  Visit David at http://DavidTheRunner.com and follow him on Twitter @DavidDomzalski.  God bless all of you.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print