A Predetermined Effort
by PamFord Davis

Feeling troubled?

In a time of turmoil?

Trepidation about tomorrow?

"Rejoice always!
Pray constantly.
Give thanks in everything,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 HCSB)."

The message from Apostle Paul goes against my nature. To be frank, it seems ridiculous. How can I rejoice when troubled? When blindsided by turmoil, I'm prone to panic instead of pray. Overwhelmed, I complain.

Is giving thanks merely for Thanksgiving Day dinner?

How can I possibly give thanks in everything I experience?

It takes a predetermined effort.

I can thank God for His presence, strength and purposes.

"We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose. For those He foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers (Romans 8:28-29 HCSB)."

In good or bad, He purposely conforms me into the image of His Son.

His will is perfect.

Will I submit to His will?

"Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God (Romans 12:1-2 HCSB)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print