The Bridal Gown
by Emmanuella Ellis

She sat there with her eyes fixed on the most beautiful and expensive engagement ring ever. With tears rolling down her face, she could hardly believe that this day was finally here. The proposal was just amazing, very well thought of and planned. A massive crowd looked on as the words "will you be my significant other forever" were being said by the most loving man on the surface of the earth. She remembered saying yes with her lips trembling while she tried to wrap her mind around everything she was seeing. She wondered why he will go to such length to love her this much after everything she had put him through when he was pursuing her.

That thought drifted away quickly as she looked down on her bed to find the wedding gown her fianc had designed and presented to her to be worn on their wedding day. It was a very thoughtful gesture by her fianc and that made her love him even more. She carefully took the gown off the bed to try it on, all the while she kept mumbling her favourite word of the day 'fianc'.

The dress fitted perfectly, not too tight or loose. The length was great and everything fitted quite comfortably. She quickly grabbed a tissue to wipe off the tears that fell from her face when she realised how beautiful she looked in the gown. After taking the dress off, she sat down staring at it on her bed and realised that there were just too much details. It was too over decorated and fancy. There were beads, pearls, feathers, laces, ribbons and bows. And it covered too much skin. At least it should be short sleeved with a much lower cut on the front or much much lower at the back.

She thought about it for a while and decided to make some changes and adjustment to her taste even though her fianc gently insisted on her coming down the aisle in the original dress. As the days drew closer, she made the necessary adjustments. She took out a few parts of the dress, cut out some portions, attached new ornament and had coloured laces sewn on certain parts of the gown. As she made some of these adjustments, she stained certain parts of the gown, the broches pulled out the threads and laces, the beads got loose and the gown became crumbled. The big day was approaching and time had passed so fast that she couldn't get everything fixed and straightened out before time.

She got up on that day, all excited to get married. She didn't have to worry about any planning details because her fianc wanted it all done so he would surprise her. She got dressed up, chose to put on just a tiara instead of the veil her fianc got for her and exchange the low heel shoe for a higher one. She was driven to the venue which was a park beautifully decorated all white. Every single individual there was in white, everything was white including the chairs. She had to walk down a staircase full of white petals to meet her groom. On both sides of staircase were little kids who held one of every single thing that the original dress was made of. All the things that made the dress too detailed for her liking was there. As she stood watching, she saw her groom to be, grab the microphone and explain the significance of every single that that the original gown was made of. It's significance to their love, relationship, marriage and life.

She didn't feel beautiful and classy because her gown looked terrible compared to the dresses worn by her quests. And there she stood, as stiff as a mannequin because she knew her groom to be was disappointed and she couldn't walk down to meet him. Not only because she was ashamed but also because she was sure to stumble and fall because of those heels. Everything was for a reason, she thought to herself. Her groom loved her enough to get everything ready for the big day. All the trouble he went through, money and time he spent.

All she had to do was to put on the gown, the veil and the heels yet she couldn't show him how much she loved him by sacrificing her desires for his.

She just stood there showering the bouquet with her tears, wishing it was all a dream.

Emmanuella Ellis currently resides in Montreal, Canada. Emmanuella has a passion for writing and encouraging others on their walk with Christ.
  2015 Emmanuella Ellis

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print