THANK ABOUT IT!
by Dinora Garza

THANK ABOUT IT!

Tonight, to celebrate Thanksgiving, millions of Americans will gather around the table to give thanks. What are you thankful for? More importantly, toward whom are you thankful?

Gratitude is a feeling that implies there is One who gives and one who receives. So, every time we give thanks we are implying a second persona giver of all things toward whom we are grateful. To Whom are we all thankful to? Have you thought about it?

All of us have the intimate knowledge that we are recipients of the grace of God. It is so ingrained in us that even non religious people are compelled to thank, even if they have to point to Mother Nature as their benefactor. But we can't give thanks to a concept, only to a person. They are, without even realizing it, like the rest of us, thankful to God.

Tonight as you enjoy the company of your loved ones, surrounded by good things, why not take a moment to thank God not only for the visible: family, friends, a job, etc., but for the invisible too: a mind that can tell right from wrong and true from false, a heart that knows it has received unmerited favor, and a soul that deep down understands there is a God in heaven watching over you

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change."

I am a Christian. My passion is to know the Lord, and help others to understand His character and will. Read one of my blogs at: onetruthonegod.wordpress.com


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print