God's Word Is Simple Because God Is Simple
by Ngozi Nwoke

Are you simple? One of the wonderful things about the Lord is that He is simple, yet He is the Almighty God. Life may be cruel to you but not God. This post aims at encouraging you to learn from God and to be likewise.

But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ - 2 Corinthians 11:3 (NKJV).

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls - Matthew 11:29 (NKJV).

The world makes things look difficult and hard but that was not how God made it. The word of the Lord shows the true picture of His original plan. And when Jesus Christ came on earth, His life also manifested it - a life of peace that is plain, simple and heart to heart. There was nothing artificial, assuming, complicated, complex or hard to understand about His life. He was there for all and so is His word.

Truly, God is the Almighty, the creator of the whole universe, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Consuming fire, the Lord of host, Mighty warrior, the I AM, King of kings, Lord of lord, etc., but He is also the good Shepherd, our Father, the Comforter, our Helper, our Redeemer, the great Physician, the only wise God.

I see a God who has it all (power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing), yet will sit in the field with His sheep all around Him, enjoying His loving touch; a God with whom all things are possible and yet lowly in heart. That is power: having it all but not being managed or ruled by them.

The great King is so because of His love for us; the Consuming fire still showers His children with rain. The love He has for you brings the Almighty God to be with you where you are, even in that your state and situation. When you dwell in His love, you will discover how simple God is and how simple it is to serve and obey Him.

God is not a tyrant, no, He is a loving Father who is calling on you to take His yoke upon you and learn of Him, so that you will have rest for your soul (Matthew 11:29). As you study the word of God, spend time in prayers and live a praise-full life, you will learn more of Him and you will start to be like Him (2 Corinthians 3:18).

So, I encourage you to put aside the wrong picture of the Lord that you may have in your mind, and see Him as He is: simple and loving though very powerful, and relate with Him with that knowledge and you will see how your life will change. Peace and rest will envelop you, which you can never explain.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print