Anna, Did You Know?
by PamFord Davis

Anna, did you know?

Did you know?

Your day began like countless others; yet, as you entered the temple, you would receive a glimpse of God's glory.

"And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;

And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day (Luke 2:36-37 KJV)."

Anna, did you have any inkling of God's favor upon you?

You glorified him through humble fastings, prayers and faithfulness. He knew all about you and he was about to reward you.

Anna, did you have a clue that the Christ child was coming your way?

Did the Holy Spirit quicken your pulse and hasten your steps?

Simeon had recognized the fulfillment of prophecy. He looked into the face of JESUS, his Savior. (Luke 2:25-35) Likewise, you beheld the King of Kings!

"And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem (Luke 2:38 KJV)."

Anna, you knew. You knew your LORD intimately.

You experienced his power, providence and his presence.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print