White Christmas Nostalgia
by PamFord Davis

With my husband at my side, I snuggled under my electric blanket and viewed a Christmas classic.

Bing Crosby's 'White Christmas' was the perfect choice; the familiar sights and sounds of Christmas were fresh as a new fallen snow. Memories catapulted me to a Central New York State Christmas.

I was raised outside of Syracuse, in the rural neighborhood of Mycenae. There, I had the excitement of many white Christmases. I will be the first to admit that snow accumulations are not always welcome sites to New Yorkers.

Early morning risers must shovel or plow snow covered roads, sidewalks and their driveways.

Highways and Interstates become danger zones; frequently, travelers are involved in vehicle accidents. It would be easy to become stranded in sub-zero temperatures in the midst of towering snowdrifts.

The reality Dazzling white snow becomes brown slush. Multitudes of Yankees fantasize moves as snowbirds to Florida.

We can eradicate the slush of sin. God transforms hearts.

"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow (Psalm 51:7 KJV)."

The LORD gives freely; receive and rejoice in a white Christmas.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print