The Best Entrance To A New Year
by Ngozi Nwoke

There are many gates to the New Year, which one have you decided to use? People, things and circumstances often determine the decisions or the steps people take in life. However, none of the above can force you to choose their way, you are the one to finally take the decision and implement it. This post tells you the best entrance to the New Year.

There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death - Proverbs 14:12 (NKJV).

And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts - Revelation 21:6 (NKJV).

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it - Matthew 7:13-14 (NKJV).

There are many wide open gates to the New Year, these include: the ungrateful gate, the murmuring and complaining gate, the offence gate, frustrated gate, depressed gate, disappointed gate, etc., however, there is the narrow gate of praise and thanksgiving. Which one are you going to go through into the New Year?

You may have 'genuine reasons' why you should go through one of the wide gates, but is it the best entrance to use? Truly, they may seem right to you, but the end is the way of destruction and death (Proverbs 14:12, Matthew 7:13). The narrow gate of praise and thanksgiving may be difficult considering your genuine reasons but it leads to life (Matthew 7:14). Be among the few who will find it.

This year may not have been the way you expected it, and you may have done so many things according to the scriptures to have it the way you expected and it still didn't work out (according to your own evaluation), but the truth remains that it could have been worse if not for God! And as a child of God that loves God, all things work together for your good (Romans 8:28).

All the wide gates may seem justifiable to be used, but they are the worse gates to go through into the New Year. They will only give the enemy more licenses to afflict you more. If you are to defeat the enemy then you must stop singing his songs, which attract him to you. Choose to see the blessings of this year; count your blessings and name them one by one, and you will see reasons to take the praise and thanksgiving gate.

God is the Alpha and Omega of the coming year and He has promised to give the fountain of water of life freely to anyone who thirsts, but you have to enter His gates with thanksgiving and the courts with praise (Psalm 100:4). Choose to enter the New Year full of thanksgiving and praises, refuse to be bothered with what didn't work out the way you expected it and look forward to the new year with great expectation (Proverbs 23:18). Make up your mind to be joyful in the Lord no matter what comes up in the coming year, and I tell you, the enemy will not be able to steal from you.

Thanksgiving and praise attract God and it is the atmosphere in which He operates (Psalm 22:3). A thankful person hands his battles over to God and who can defeat God? According to 2 chronicles 20:14-30 God told the Israelites that the battle was His, and when they started praising and giving thanks to the Lord, He totally defeated their enemies and gave them victory and great spoils. God has not changed, one great way of engaging God in your affairs is to praise and give thanks to Him. It works like fire!

God, the Almighty God and author of the New Year recommends praise and thanksgiving for increase, success and victory (Psalm 67:5-7). If you desire a better next year, then it is wisdom to put aside what your flesh and circumstances are dictating to you and choose the Master's best Entrance to a New Year.

WISHING YOU A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print