The Acrostic
by PamFord Davis

Acrostics are great teaching tools. While reading my Bible; the idea for one nearly leaped off the page. Surely, I’ve noticed it before and it just slipped my mind.

Ask
Seek
Knock

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.  Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him (Matthew 7:7-11 NKJV).”

I need to ask the Lord and I need to be specific.

“So Jesus answered and said to him, ‘What do you want Me to do for you?’
The blind man said to Him, ‘Rabboni, that I may receive my sight (Mark 10:51 NKJV).”

I need to seek His will.

“… saying, ‘Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done (Luke 22:42 NKJV).”

I need to persevere in prayer, to continue knocking.

“Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving (Colossians 4:2 NKJV).”

I should never be ashamed to ask for His help. 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print