Change of Seasons
by PamFord Davis

Most look forward to the change of seasons.

Summer, fall, winter or spring; I can expect changes in nature.

They are promised by our Creator.

He remains faithful.

“While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease (Genesis 8:22 NKJV).”

Some climates change a great deal with the change of seasons. In others, the changes may be less dramatic. I’ve lived from coast-to-coast in America. There was a vast difference in Central New York State and the Coachella Valley of California.

Yet, I experienced noticeable changes in weather conditions in both areas.

There was a change in the seasons.

I felt the heat of the sun in the summertime and a nip in the air when fall arrived. I’ve shivered in the dampness of winter rains or frigid temperatures accompanied by snow, sleet or ice. Do I like all the changes in seasons? God knows.

He knows I am prone to complain. In the summer, I complain about it being too hot and the need for rain. In the fall, I express my disappointment if it seems to pass too quickly. Being cold natured, I murmur about wintertime. Come spring, I complain if it rains too much. I’m hard to please.

I can talk about the weather; I might even try to predict it.

“When it is evening you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red’; and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times (Matthew 16:2b-3 NKJV).”

I can’t fight change.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print