The Art of Storytelling
by PamFord Davis

There is an art to storytelling.

When was the last time a friend held your attention with a great story? In our high tech society we’re more interested in video clip images. Storytellers are a vanishing breed; yet, they are in high demand in many foreign mission fields.

Yes, there is an art to storytelling but there is a ‘heart’ as well.

When God transforms the heart of the lost, they are saved and long to tell the story.

“And when He got into the boat, he who had been demon-possessed begged Him that he might be with Him.’ However, Jesus did not permit him, but said to him, ‘Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you.’ And he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis all that Jesus had done for him; and all marveled (Mark 5:18-20 NKJV).”

All Christ followers have personal stories to tell.

Some trusted Jesus in their early years of childhood, many in adolescence or as teenagers. Young adults may have surrendered to Him in college or under the ministry of a chaplain in the armed forces. While busy with careers and families, many men and women have discovered their need for salvation. Lastly, senior adults find eternal life through Jesus.

What hinders me from telling my story?



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print