Mrs Howard, She Knew How
by PamFord Davis

Many ponder their purpose.

Mrs. Eloise Howard knew how to live life to the fullest...

Ms E began the New Year with a move. She went to her heavenly home. I attended the celebration of life service at her church. At age 97, she passed on a legacy of faith and service.

Mrs. Howard trusted Jesus as her Savior as a young girl. She had discovered how to receive forgiveness for her sin. That was only a beginning…

Eloise would later marry. In a world of castoff relationships, she and Keener had an enduring love. They raised a family and raised Louisiana Delta crops. Work and worship went side-by-side. God gifted her in teaching.

Mrs. Howard taught children’s Sunday school classes for sixty years. First and foremost, she focused on faith in Jesus, proclaiming him the Son of God. She also knew how to encourage others…

Pastors enthusiastically praised her for lifting their spirits by lifting them up to the LORD in prayer. She was a faithful prayer warrior.

Ms. Eloise knew how to keep a sharp mind. She was an avid reader and was instrumental in establishing the local public library.

I close on a personal note. Mrs. Howard knew how to find humor in her circumstances. Diagnosed as legally blind, she told me and my husband that when dressing for church she had dressed in colors that clashed.

Thanks to Ms E, I now know how to leave a legacy.

“Then I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write: The dead who die in the Lord from now on are blessed.

‘Yes,’ says the Spirit, ‘let them rest from their labors, for their works follow them (Revelation 14:13 HCSB).”

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print