My Home Place
by PamFord Davis

What’s it like to go home?

The older I get, the more I want to go home.

Jesus is preparing my home place.

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also (John 14:1-6 NKJV).”

Yes, I’ll be right at home with Jesus. That is togetherness.

My original home was in Mycenae, NY. For 18 years, I lived there with my Ford family. After marrying, I moved out of state. Visits were rare; when Dad greeted us at the kitchen door, I knew I was home.

“I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly (John 10:9-10 NKJV).”

Jesus is the only door to my eternal home.

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print