Gist of the Just
by PamFord Davis

How time flies!

Is it Tuesday already?

I ask you, where did the weekend go?

To be honest, I wonder where the last 50 years have gone.

Time flies when you’re having fun; it whizzes by.

Try to get a youngster out of the swimming pool.

‘But Mom, I just got in!’

Announce that it’s time to leave Disney Land.

‘We just got here!’

You acquiesce; it’s the last day of your vacation trip. And yet, it does not seem possible. It seems like you just arrived at your destination.

I believe you get the gist of the just…

Time flew for Jacob. No, he wasn’t having fun herding sheep. He was in love.

“Now Jacob loved Rachel; so he said, ‘I will serve you seven years for Rachel your younger daughter.’

And Laban said, ‘It is better that I give her to you than that I should give her to another man. Stay with me.’ So Jacob served seven years for Rachel, and they seemed only a few days to him because of the love he had for her (Genesis 29:18-20 NKJV).”

What’s time when you serve out of love?

“Only fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you (1 Samuel 12:24 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print