A Way Out
by PamFord Davis

The stories are riveting. Adventures wander away from well marked paths when camping or hiking. Frequently, these individuals find themselves hopelessly lost. Learning that they are missing, trained forest rangers and concerned citizens make strategies and form teams. Search and rescue commences. Why are so few concerned about those who are spiritually lost?

Jesus’ mission, seeking them out. Saving them was his motive.

“For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost (Luke 19:10 KJV).”

I believe we fail to empathize with the lost. It must be terrifying to get lost in the mountains, wooded areas or in an arid desert. The lost seek shelter, food, water and a way out. People who are spiritually lost have left the narrow way; they search for security. Desperate, they try to fill the emptiness that God alone can fill. The lost can be found.

They can return to the Father.

“And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry (Luke 15:20-24 KJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print