The Badlands
by PamFord Davis

My husband and I watch old westerns.That’s an understatement; we watch ‘lots’ of old westerns. Some of my devotional readers are well aware; I have woven western themes in many of my messages. Today, I want to focus on the Badlands…

When running from the law, outlaws frequently traveled through the Badlands.

Posies, lawmen and bounty hunters pursued them. I’d guess that many bad men breathed their last in the Badlands.

We have all broken God’s law.

“For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:22b-23 NKJV).”

I can only imagine… What if the Apostle Paul had lived in the days of the Wild West?

“… to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God,but under law toward Christ, that I might win those who are without law; to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you (1 Corinthians 9:21-23 NKJV).” 

Paul would have shared the gospel of grace with lawbreakers. Empowered by the Holy Spirit, Paul would have led them out of Badlands and pointed them in the direction of heaven.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print