Master Card -1
by Emmanuella Ellis

So I meet this guy and he tells me that he loves me. That was quite disturbing because I just met him. But apparently, he had been checking me out for a long time.
Days and months passed and this guy keeps going on about how much he loved me. And that he was going to do anything and everything for me. I tried not to pay attention to him because all that talk was the 'guy language'. But the guy was cute, always sharply dressed, great voice and always sounded caring. He didn't look rich though, which made me wonder how exactly he was going to pay for everything.

I know I am a pretty good girl but the way this guy carried himself made feel like I didn't deserve to be with him. But if he wanted me and was going to pay, Well ain't no one turning that down. A girl has got needs you know. We started a relationship and wow, did I feel loved. I was cherished, loved, cared for like never before by any guy. I began to feel things I didn't know I could even feel and then I begun to fall in love with him. I just could not resist it. I didn't feel vulnerable with him. I felt safe, I could actually trust him. We talked about everything because I wanted to know his thoughts on everything. He was so smart. 

But I realised he wanted me to change. He was trying very nicely to change me. And I am thinking, what happened to 'I love you just the way you are'. And you know girls don't get down with that. I sat myself down and gave myself a little talking to because I realised that I could look better than I was looking then. I usually didn't feel beautiful when I walked around with him because he was always looking sharp and right on point. So I decided to embrace the 'whole changing me' idea. If I was going to have a new wardrobe, shoes and bags at someone else's expense, I was definitely going for it. That's the kind of change anyone would go for. I was actually hoping to throw in a dentist appointment because my breath was killing. I never realised it until I met him. I don't  know if it was the food I ate or his breath was so good it made my bad breath obvious.

Anyway, I was excited to change up a few things for me and for him. I knew the things he would like to see me in, so I decide to go and get some. He gave me his card to go and spend. He actually said that I could keep it and use it as often as I wanted. I could not believe he said that. A guy will not give you his money let alone his card to have and to keep. Then I was beginning to wonder how I could have gotten that blessed. I didn't even want to entertain any kind of fear because some guys were 'doing things' to get money. I grabbed the card, held on to it and with the biggest smile on my face walked out to go and do some shopping. I moved from shop to shop buying things, mostly with my guy in mind. I bought things I knew he will love to see me in.
But then I decide to get somethings for me. I was sure my guy wasn't going to be a big fun of the things I got but I wasn't so bothered. Then the unimaginable happened.

I headed off to pay, only for the card to be declined. You should see me with all the clothes, shoes and bags wishing that I knew of a spell that could cause me to vanish that instant. I could see people stir at me from every angle. I tried to put on a smile and pretend as if I wasn't bothered at all. Obviously taking all the stuff back would be embarrassing so I decide to take the card and head on my way. But then there was a second thought. I asked the girl at the counter if I could try paying for a couple of the clothes. Just to see if the card would work. Jay couldn't have given me the card if he didn't have enough money. She agreed and I selected two clothes out of the lot and the payment went through. I selected another pair but that didn't work. I decided to go back home with the 'few' clothes that I had. On my way, I rehearsed everything I was going to say to Jay and how exactly I was going to act to make him know that I was angry. He wasn't at his apartment when I got there so I went home and was determined to give him the silent treatment. I didn't pick up his calls or call him back for days.

And when he came looking for me, I ignored him till he left. When I realised that he was hurting, I decided to end the game. After work one evening, we arranged to meet at a shopping mall because he said he needed to get a few things. I called him when I got to the mall and he came out with flowers and a gift bag which he handed to me with the most beautiful smile. I gladly took them but with a frown. I want going to be weakened by that gesture. And then I begun to rant about how untruthful he was. He lied to me about the card, I trusted him and allowed myself think that he was different. I kept going on for several minutes about the embarrassing situation he put me in. He stood there with a surprised look on his face and then asked me to come with him. We went into a clothing and cosmetic shop where he picked out many things, and asked me to take out the card and pay for it. I obviously wasn't going to do that when I know what the outcome would be. So I handed the card to him and the payment went through. The card wasn't declined. I couldn't understand what was happening. He stirred at me and I looked away because I wasn't sure how to explain that. 

I wanted to try it in his presence so we went to different shop, I took some jewelry and headed to the counter to pay but before we could get there he saw a wrist watch which he wanted. And I couldn't believe he asked me to pay for it with the card, why couldn't he pay with his own money.  I told him I wasn't going to do that because it was too expensive. He looked disappointed but didn't argue with me. We got to the counter and just when I inserted the card into the machine, an old lady dropped her stuff at the entrance of the shop so Jay rushed to help her.  I entered the pin to make the payment but the card was declined. I turned to call Jay to come and have a look but he wasn't there.

TO be continued



Emmanuella Ellis currently resides in Montreal, Canada. Emmanuella has a passion for writing and encouraging others on their walk with Christ.
  2015 Emmanuella Ellis

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print