Who Were The Giants, Mighty Men Of Old, and Men of Renown?
by Stephen Vattimo

Greeting friends.

I wrote this article to answer a question many viewer are emailing me about, which is, “what about the Nephilim. In my article entitled,” False Beliefs about Angels That Are Commonly Held.” I do not discuss this subject because there are two sides on the subject Theologians take, and even though both side can quote scripture to base their theories on, I don’t see evidence that is dogmatic about the subject.
I want to remind my readers that when I wrote that article, it was not intended to be an exhaustive study on the subject.
In writing this article I am attempting to share with my reader my understanding of what the scripture teach on this subject. This is not intended to be an exhaustive study.
To start this study it is important read the scripture in context were the Nephilim are mentioned.
Genesis 6New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Corruption of Mankind

6 Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were [a]beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not [b]strive with man forever, [c]because he also is flesh; [d]nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

means “fallen
Now let’s look at the two theories held by Theologians on The identity of the Nephilim and their offspring.
Some theologians believe that the sons of God are the blood line of Seth, which represented the population that seek after God (the blood line of Jesus). The daughter of men represent the blood line of Cain, the population of man that lives in rebellion against God. So the theory is that the wickedness of man accelerated when the population of man that seek after God, disobey God buy having sexual relations with the woman of the population of men who are living in rebellion against God.
Though this sexual union children were born, and the children would be raised with wick morels through the influence of the woman of the Blood line of Cain.

Other Theologians believe that the Nephilim are Fallen Angel who were attracted to human female, and had sexual relation with them, that produced a hybrid of being, half human, half angel.
These hybrid beings were giants, larger in statue more powerful in physical strength, and more wicked then humans in behavior. May be these hybrids were trying to genocide the regular humans? So there would be no line of Seth left for the Messiah to come and defeat sin, save mankind, destroy the works of the devil, his army of fallen angels, and the population of rebellious wicked man.

I personally Support the theory of the Seth blood line being the son of God who had offspring with the daughters of men, the blood line of Cain.
My first theory has to do with the creation of God recorded in the first three chapter of the Book of Gneisses. In the creation accounts the scripture tell us everything was created according to its kind, and was give n seed according to their kind, and after each recorded creation, scriptures state God saw that it was good.
Consider Gneisses.1:24-25
Genesis 1:24-25 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

24 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures after [a]their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after [b]their kind”; and it was so. 25 God made the beasts of the earth after [c]their kind, and the cattle after [d]their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good
Angels and human beings are two different kinds of God’s creation. Therefore I believe Angel and humans cannot reproduce offspring because they are not of the same species. Good example would be a human and member of the primate species try to produce offspring. Even though they may appear have some physical similarities, they are not the same kind, and do not possess compatible seed.
Another reason to support this theory Is what God repeatedly told the prophets who lead the people of the nation of Israel out of Idolatry and back to being a nation under God, to instructed them Not to intermarry with the idolatress nations around. Les they
My second theory is that nowhere in the bible is it recorded that angels reproduce. Nowhere in the bible is it record that there are male and female angels. Every time an angel appears to interact with humans, they take on the form of a male.
Now can angel have sex with humans? Nowhere in the bible is there a clear recorded account of this event having taken place, But in the bible in the book of Leviticus, God does forbid Human’s from having sexual relations with animals. If this sin was committed, both the animal and the human involved in the act, are to be stoned outside the camp.
Consider Leviticus 18:23
'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.
So if human are physically able to have sex with animals, is it possible for Angel to physically have sex with humans.
Are Angel even created with a sex dive? I personally don’t think so.
When humans pass out of this world and in to the eternal realm, I don’t believe the institute of marriage or sex will eggiest in the enteral realm. For when Sadducees who did not believe in the resurrection of the dead ,try to trap Jesus with a question about a woman who was wife to seven brothers, who each died without producing children to carry on the family line. This was a Jewish custom that if you bother dies without producing children for their wife, then a male in the family should take her as wife and produce children with her, so that the family line would preserved . So the Sadducees asked when the woman and the seven bother were in Heaven, who bother she will belong too, since they all had her as wife. This where Jesus tell them that in eternity they will be like the angel, for they are not married ,and since part of marriage is sex and reproduction of one’s kind, most likely Angel don’t have sex.
Consider this passes of Matthew 22:23-33
Jesus Answers the Sadducees
23 On that day some Sadducees (who say there is no resurrection) came to Jesus and questioned Him, 24 asking, “Teacher, Moses said, ‘If a man dies having no children, his brother as next of kin shall marry his wife, and raise up children for his brother.’ 25 Now there were seven brothers with us; and the first married and died, and having no children left his wife to his brother; 26 so also the second, and the third, down to the seventh. 27 Last of all, the woman died. 28 In the resurrection, therefore, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had married her.”

29 But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not [m]understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. 31 But regarding the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.” 33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.
Most people who believe that fallen angel had offspring through sexual relations with human woman, believe that this event motivated God to destroy all his creation except what was saved on the ark.
I do not believe that it was God’s purpose to destroy His creation through a worldwide flood, was to wipe out the offspring created by sexual union between female humans and angels.
What motivated God to destroy the world was man as a species had turn against their Creator, and became corrupted throughout their whole being with wickedness and violence.
Consider this passage: Genesis 6: 5-8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Corruption of Mankind
5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 The Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved [e]in His heart. 7 The Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the [f]sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
Now if God’s Purpose for destroying the world with a World Wide flood, was to destroy the offspring of the sexual union by human females and angel, and the offspring identity are the pre flood Giants,
Then why are Giant mention throughout the Old Testament after the flood? I don’t believe Giant are races of people who are offspring of half human /half angel, Just like I don’t believe dwarf are half human and half something else.
Here are some verse that mention giant after the flood.

1 Chronicles 20:1

[ War with Philistine Giants ] Then it happened in the spring, at the time when kings go out to battle, that Joab led out the army and ravaged the land of the sons of Ammon, and came and besieged Rabbah. But David stayed at Jerusalem. And Joab struck Rabbah and overthrew it.

1 Chronicles 20:4

Now it came about after this, that war broke out at Gezer with the Philistines; then Sibbecai the Hushathite killed Sippai, one of the descendants of the giants, and they were subdued.

1 Chronicles 20:6

Again there was war at Gath, where there was a man of great stature who had twenty-four fingers and toes, six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot; and he also was descended from the giants.

1 Chronicles 20:8
These were descended from the giants in Gath, and they fell by the hand of David and by the hand of his servants.
My final conclusion is that Nephilim and Giants are not created by by Human species being mutated by angel, creating a new species. I believe the giant are the decedents of Cain. The daughters of men were the line of Cain. The Sons of God were from the line of Seth.
To put it in a today scenario, children of God do not intermarry with the house of rebellion against God.
I hope this study will energize your desire to further study the bible , your understanding of the spiritual world that engages us.

Written by Stephen J. Vattimo
Feb 13,2017



https://www.facebook.com/groups/surealworld/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print