Secret Admirer
by PamFord Davis

Now how did ‘that’ get there?

Surprise gifts make Valentine’s Day extra special. To this day, I’m still not sure how a secret admirer carried out his scheme. In junior high, I was in between classes. I made a hurried routine stop at my combination locker.

After twirling the tumblers, I opened the door to my hallway locker. Readying myself to exchange class books, I stopped. My eyes had spied a beautiful red heart shaped box of Valentine’s candy. Now how did that get ‘there?’

First, I must apologize. At age 67, some of the details are a bit cloudy. I do recall that the boy’s sister was in my homeroom. She likely told me that it was from him. I was flattered that he went to so much trouble to express his affection. And yet, how did he get the combination to my locker?

Hmm…maybe his sister had peeked over my shoulder as I used my combination.

God combines good deeds with anonymity.

“Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing (Matthew 6:2-3 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print