Labor Pains
by PamFord Davis

Labor pains, been there-done that.

“To the woman He said:

‘I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children (Genesis 3:16a NKJV).”

The labor for my first child, our daughter, was long. Though it might seem trite to say, it was labor. At times, I cried out in pain; medical staff had my husband tell me to quiet down. His Granny LeMasters, bless her heart, worried that I was too young. Experience is a great teacher; while the labor for our son was nearly as long, I refrained from outbursts.

God understands what women experience in child labor.

“I have held My peace a long time,
I have been still and restrained Myself.
Now I will cry like a woman in labor,
I will pant and gasp at once (Isaiah 42:14 NKJV).”

The LORD knows me intimately; He heard my cries during labor, each pant and gasping for air.

I am past the age of childbearing; yet, with His strength, I will continue to labor for the Lord’s kingdom.

“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:58 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print