The End and Purpose of The Commandment of God
by Ngozi Nwoke

What is the main purpose of the commandment of God? God is a God of purpose and has reasons for His decisions, including the purpose for the law. This article reveals the purpose and the end of God's commandment.

Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned - 1 Timothy 1:5 (KJV)

Jesus said to him, "'you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." - Matthew 22:37-40 (NKJV)

Many people fight with obeying God's commandments because they don't know nor understand the reason behind the institution of the commandments. They see them as rules that are difficult to live by.

The commandments of the Lord are not to enslave people but to teach people to love God and their fellowmen (Matthew 22:37-40). It is to make man to remove his focus from himself and place it on God and others, thereby destroying selfishness and all other manifestations of the flesh.

The Father's instructions teach the nature of God, how to be like God. God is love (1 John 4:8) and the purpose and end of the commandment is love out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned (1 Timothy 1:5). If you are obeying God's word and the love of God is not building up in you and transforming you to love God and other men, then you have missed it somewhere.

The word of the Lord is to enable you know the love of Christ so that you will be filled with the fullness of Him (Ephesians 3:19). As you behold God's glory, His instructions and obeying them, you are changed into the same image from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18). As you behold love (the word, 1 John 4:8, John1:1), you are changed into love, from glory to glory.

In essence, if you are a believing Christian, and you are not walking in love towards God and other men, the purpose of the Father's commandments is yet to be fulfilled in you. Praise Jesus, the Holy Spirit is there to help out! (2 Corinthians 3:18). Ask the Lord to help you by His Spirit to be rooted and grounded in His love (Ephesians 3:17), even as you walk in obedience to His word.

 

 

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print