Extremes
by PamFord Davis

Mark Twain wrote the classic ‘The Prince and the Pauper.’

If you were a Bobby soxer, you likely recall Tony Bennett’s 1953 ‘Rags to Riches’ recording. It went gold.

Why would anyone wish to remain a pauper dressed in rags?

“But we are all like an unclean thing,
And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags;
We all fade as a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind,
Have taken us away (Isaiah 64:6 NKJV).”

God continues to transforms lives. With Him, nothing is impossible; only believe.

Will stories of transformed lives compel us to seek the LORD? He offers such change.

“I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels (Isaiah 61:10 NKJV).”

Would a bride be dressed in rags? Ludicrous!

“And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, ‘Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!  Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.’ And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints (Revelation 19:8 NKJV).”


 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print