Waiting On God
by Ken Barnes

When the people saw how long it was taking Moses to come back down the mountain, they gathered around Aaron. “Come on,” they said, “make us some gods who can lead us. We don’t know what happened to this fellow Moses, who brought us here from the land of Egypt.” (Exodus 32:1 NLT)

God often does not accomplish things on our timetable. Human figures in our lives that lead us often seem absent or ineffective in making us secure. The issue may be who is the source of our security. Waiting on God can either build our faith or fortify our unbelief.

God’s timing is always perfect, but according to human standards can seem a bit tardy. The Lord is not just into accomplishing things but changing lives. What brings change to our lives? It’s faith. The Bible says, “The just shall live by faith.” Waiting for God can increase or decrease our trust in him. Many have a fast food faith. If God does not bring immediate answers to our prayers, like Aaron and the people, we turn to idols such as our self-sufficiency to manage our lives. “Wait” is what broke the wagon down. Delay, if not embraced as part of God’s sovereignty, can do the same for our faith. Belated-fulfillment of our expectations always creates a measure of doubt. Without doubt, faith may never grow. It all comes down to; do we trust in God?

Isaiah 40: 31 says, But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. I guess we can fly in faith like an eagle, or we can walk in unbelief like a turkey.

 



I worked for seventeen years as a missionary with Youth With A Mission.  My missionary work has taken me to Mexico, Canada, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Spain, and Ukraine.  I hold a Masters of Education in curriculum and instruction from Virginia Commonwealth University.  [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print