No Easy Task
by PamFord Davis

You’ve heard of senior moments, right? It’s a ready excuse for forgetfulness among the aging. Typical memory loss includes the inability to remember names and where I place things like keys and paperwork. Forgetfulness is frustrating.

Yet, forgetfulness is as a 2 sided coin. Some things should be remembered no more. Apostle Paul’s past serves as a perfect example…

“Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:12-14 NKJV).”

There are 2 things I realize about Apostle Paul’s past. First, he had top credentials, educated under the Pharisee Gamaliel, one of the most respected Rabbis. Paul was zealous in the keeping of Mosaic Law. Second, he was guilty of persecuting the early church. He went so far as being an accomplice at the stoning death of Stephen. Paul had much to forget.

He had to cast aside pride for any success he had attained. More importantly, he had to forget his cruelty to Christians. That was no easy task.

God’s grace sustained him. Paul left the past behind and forged forward in service.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print