Jesus Made It That You Will Make It Too
by Ngozi Nwoke

Do you know that nothing can stop you from making it to heaven? Your Father ensured that the pathway to heaven is secured through His Son Jesus. He sent Him ahead of you to make sure you don't stumble on the way or miss your way. This article stresses that if Christ won the race you can make it too.

Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need - Hebrews 4:14-16 (NKJV)

Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them - Hebrews 7:25 (NKJV).

Believing Christians fall into sin because they believe the lie from the devil that they can't help it. If it is so why is it that there are other evil things you can't imagine you doing not to talk of doing it? The same Christ who helps you in those ones is also there to help you not to fall into any sin at all.

Many people think that the reason Jesus was without sin was because He was the Son of God and came from heaven. However, that was not the case. Jesus came in the form of a man to the earth and went through the same things you and I are going through. He was born in the same flesh as us (John 1:14), with the flesh that is recorded to be weak (Matthew 26:41). Galatians 5:19-21 gives a list of the works of the flesh, yet, Christ was without sin. The flesh tried to pull the Lord to allow it to manifest but He refused to yield to it (Romans 6:16), He refused to serve the flesh. He overcame by doing the very things He is asking us to do today. Paul said follow me even as I follow Christ (1 Corinthians 11:1).

You need to understand this: that Christ didn't come in a form different from yours, He only followed the manual of God, the bible! He came to show you the way out and set examples for you to follow (1 Peter 2:21 so that you will not miss it. For, it is not the will of God that any should perish but that all will have eternal life. As a matter of truth, Christ's coming, death and resurrection makes it easier for us than it was for Him. This is because the Lord had paid the price for our ransom, that all you need to do is believe in Him and follow Him.

How did He overcome the flesh?

  • He believed and obeyed God

Jesus Christ totally believed in God, the Father, and His words without any reservations or doubt, to the point that His words were the Father's words and He obeyed every of His instructions. (John 14:24, 31).

  • He understood His mission on earth was to do the will of God

The Lord focused on His assignment on earth, which was to do the will of the Father and not to do His own will (John 6:38).

  • He always pleased the Father

Christ didn't just do the will of God, He did it in such a way that He always pleased the Father (John 8:29). He was all for the Almighty.

  • He subdued the flesh through the word and prayers

After submitting himself to God as above points indicate, He was able to resist the devil and he fled (James 4:7). As man, He had the challenges of the flesh but was able to subdue it by soaking Himself in the word and constantly being in God's presence in prayers. He started these as a child and so didn't have room for the enemy to corrupt His mind with unbelief and doubt or with dirty thoughts (Luke 2:40, 46, 47, 52). Any wrong thought that came He fought with the word of God that He had loaded Himself with, like the temptation in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1-11).

As a man, He needed to pray to God for everything: for empowerment, direction and guidance, helps, etc. He was a man of prayer, many times He did all nights. After one of such nights, He chose his disciples (Luke 6:12). He had to teach His disciples to pray because it was very important (Matthew 6:9-13).

  • He received the baptism of the Holy Spirit

Just like He advised His disciples not to go anywhere until they received power from on high, He also needed the empowerment of the Holy Spirit (Mark 1:10).

In conclusion, any believing Christian who follows the above examples of Christ will surely make it as He did. The good news is that now He is heaven He is still making way for us to succeed: He is able to save anyone that comes to God through Him, He is still interceding on our behalf (Hebrews 7:25). Furthermore,

as our High Priest and because He has gone through this earth as a man, He readily sympathizes with our weakness (Hebrews 4:14-15). Therefore, go to the throne of grace and obtain the mercy and grace you need to make it (Hebrews 4:16) just like Jesus did. Paul made it (2 Timothy 4:7), YOU TOO WILL MAKE IT IN JESUS NAME.



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print