The Right Choice
by PamFord Davis

Foul!

Fowl?

Yes, baseball season is approaching but I’m not calling a foul ball.

I focus on fowl, the chicken variety. Chicken is one of my favorite foods. Sunday chicken dinners were treats (when growing up in a family of five children). There were rarely opportunities for seconds from the chicken platter. Today, I’m the only one in my family that eats chicken; there are advantages in being wed to a vegetarian.

There are many ways to cook chicken; boiled, barbecued, fried, baked, grilled and it makes its way to rotisseries. I like them all. The problem comes when spices are added. I do not like the taste of spicy foods; neither does my digestion. When cooking, there is a knack to choosing seasonings and knowing how much to use.

Salt is essential when sharing my Christian faith.

“Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one (Colossians 4:5-6 NKJV).”

There is no cause for losing my temper or using foul language.

“But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so (James 3:8-10 NKJV).”

I choose grace with a dash of salt.

 

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print