How To Overcome Fear
by Katopeka Nkhoma

 
A quick recap of the last 2 posts.
  1. You are DESTINED to be great. 2017 is a year of greatness.
  2. We are flying high in 2017, so fasten your seatbelts and take this amazing journey with us.
  3. There are 4 basic forces at work on everything that gets airborne. Two of those forces are the "downward" forces of gravity and drag. Basically these resist flight and have to be overcome.
In our last post we started dealing with fear, the greatest "downward"force you will have to overcome. Today we will look at "HOW TO OVERCOME FEAR".
 
1. Know Your Enemy 
Fear is a function of ignorance. We fear what we don't know. We fear the dark because we don't know what's lurking there. We fear the new year because we don't know what it holds for us. We fear the new neighbour because we don't know what kind of person they are.

Fear is a function of ignorance. Once you get to know the new neighbour, the fear goes away. Once you realise that there is nothing lurking in the shadows the fear goes away.

"So how do I overcome fear of the unknown? Like the new year?" Good question.
Arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible.
Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Knowledge gives you power to overcome your fear. After you make your plans for the new year, gather as much knowledge as you can about every facet of your plans. Project yourself into the future and try as much as possible to find out what giants you will encounter there. Gather as much knowledge as possible about every possible challenge you May face. To be fore warned is to be fore armed, so they say. Gather as much knowledge as you can about finances, health, your profession or business. Educate yourself about your goals and where you want to go in the new year.
Someone has done what you want to do and has achieved what you want to achieve; learn from them. If you can't learn from proximity, learn from their stories, books, videos, e.t.c. Learn how they overcame their giants, learn how they navigated the rough seas. Learn, learn, learn!

2. Know Yourself
This may sound strange but it's true; many people don't know themselves.
John 1:19 — 23
A Voice in the Wilderness
Now this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?”
He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, “I am not the Christ.”
And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?”
He said, “I am not.”
“Are you the Prophet?”
And he answered, “No.”
Then they said to him, “Who are you, that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What do you say about yourself?”
He said: “I am
‘The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
“Make straight the way of the Lord,” ’ as the prophet Isaiah said.”
John had a clear answer of who he was. When you know yourself you know your capabilities. You can't be distracted by doing things you are not supposed to be doing.

John knew he was meant to be a voice in the wilderness and he stuck to that. He could have become big headed and eaten in palaces and mansions but he didn't. He knew that would compromise his mission. Many times we compromise our mission because we don't know who we are. We involve ourselves in things we shouldn't.

We all have to answer the question John answered, "who are you?"
The answer to this question also unlocks your potential, strength and inner power. Many people fail in life because they don't know what they carry inside. They despise themselves.
Numbers 13:30 — 31
 
Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses, and said, “Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it.”
But the men who had gone up with him said, “We are not able to go up against the people, for they are stronger than we.”
There are two kinds of people in life; the Calebs and the unknowns. The Calebs are known because they understand who they are and what they are capable of. The unknowns never leave a mark on earth because they despise themselves, despise their gifts and despise what they carry inside. Be a Caleb in the coming year. Don't back down from the giants but face them head on, you are well able to defeat them.

3. Know Your God
A person who knows God can never fail in life. I don't mean knowing about God but knowing Him intimately. When you know God you know what He is capable of. You know what He can do for you and thus eliminate the fear of failure.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Daniel 11:32
Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.
 
Knowledge of God empowers you for exploits, it empowers you for success and victory in life. Spend time with God and in His word and His strength and power will rub off on you. You will receive an importation of His power.
With these three points I believe you will overcome whatever fears you may have. Whatever it is you fear, like Goliath it is not invincible. You are well able to overcome it. 
Fly high in 2017


Kato Nkhoma is a seasoned Pastor with circa 15 years under his belt. He is also a prolific teacher of the word, author and freelance writer. A husband to 1wife  and father of 2 amazing children makes him a happy family man.

http://[email protected]
[email protected]


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print