Time Management Hacks
by Katopeka Nkhoma

 
Last time we talked about procrastination, the thief of time. Today I would like to share some tips and hacks on catching that thief. These are not all the tips you need, consider it a starter kit.

1. BE JEALOUS WITH YOUR TIME
 
This means don't give everyone your time. It's too valuable.
I know the word "jealous" has some negative connotations but it can also be positive.
Deuteronomy 4:24
For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
Positive jealousy causes us to cherish and protect the important things in life, like time. Many people have no sense of value for time and thus success is just a dream to them.
Time is important. Let me say that again, TIME IS VERY IMPORTANT. Everything in life hinges on time, hence the cliche, time is money.

 Time is actually a measure of life! 

When you spend 5 minutes with someone, you have just given them a part of your life. If you work an 8 hour a day job, you give your employer 1/3 of your life in a day. This is why we should all strive to be our own employer  at some point in time. We should be tending our own garden like Adam.
 
Time is a measure of life, never forget that. Guard it jealously. This is why God instructs us to give Him our tithes, it's not really a money issue. Your tithe is a token of your life.

2. SPEND IT WISELY 
 
Time is the most important commodity you have, spend it wisely. The way you budget for your hard earned money is the way you should budget your God given gift of time.
 
1 Corinthians 6:12
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
 
"All things are lawful...". There are so many "good" things vying for our time. So many good friends to chat to. So many things to do, so little time.

"But all things are not helpful....". This is the key to success in life. Seperating the helpful from the unhelpful. Seperating the things that need to be done from those that want to be done. Always spend your time on things that are helpful, things that are productive.

"I will not be brought under the power of any." Don't allow anything or anyone to to have power over your time. Many people are caught in this trap. They do whatever comes up at that moment. They run off with the first person who passes by. They don't control their use of time. Take charge of your time, take charge of your life. Remember, time is a measure of your life.
I like a tweet from Joel Osteen, "There are a thousand good things to spend your time on. Be disciplined to stay focused on what’s best for you." Spend your time wisely. Time well spent is a life well lived.
 
3. Clarity of vision
 
Clear vision reduces procrastination.
Habakkuk 2:2
 
Then the Lord answered me and said:
 
“Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
 
Have a clear vision of your life and write it down. Break down that vision into small manageable goals. Write the goals down. These goals help you to know what should be done and when in your quest to fulfill your vision.
 
When the vision is clear, the goal becomes clear. When you know what ought to be done it's easier to keep procrastination at bay.

4. Focus
 
Don't allow distractions in your life. That is HOW procrastination sneaks in. Every distraction you allow procrastinates the important things. Keep your mind, energy and time focused on what needs to be done. If it has to be done, do it now!
 
Procrastination, gotcha!!!

With these few tips I believe your are well equipped to spend your life well in 2017.
Enjoy a fruitful and successful 2017!!


Kato Nkhoma is a seasoned Pastor with circa 15 years under his belt. He is also a prolific teacher of the word, author and freelance writer. A husband to 1wife  and father of 2 amazing children makes him a happy family man.

http://[email protected]
[email protected]


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print