CONDEMNED ALREADY
by Jerry Smith

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18, KJV).
.
(A) Background
.
Jesus, speaking to Nicodemus, a pharisee, regarding being born again (3:3-7), elaborates by teaching him about our condition before God.
.
(B) Faith Lesson
.
We are condemned, as Jesus says, because we have not yet believed on Jesus Christ for forgiveness of our sins (John 3:18). We are all born into this world in sin, without faith, without that saving faith (Ephesians 2:8).
.
This means that none of us is born righteous (Romans 3:10). We must look to Jesus Christ for the righteousness of God to be imputed unto us (Philippians 3:9).
.
The Gospel is the message of a PARDON from the guilt of sin, to prisoners in prison, who have already been condemned. In Christ, we are FREE from condemnation, just as if we had never sinned, guiltless.
.
If a person knows they are a prisoner, condemned to execution, on death row, surely he/she would jump at the pardon. But, is this a part of what we share? People need to know and understand our condition before they hear the "Good News".
.
(C) Life Application
.
How do we see ourselves apart from God? Are we okay? Do we have just enough goodness? Are we redeemable of our own selves?
.
When sharing with people, do we share the bad news or just brush by it on our way to the happy part of the Gospel, the good news?



Jerry is a bi-vocational, helping pastor-teacher, Christian life coach, TESOL trainer & manager, author, and freelance writer, with degrees in Christian education, teaching-English, business, theology, and divinity, currently residing in the Philippines. His interests include practical theology.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print