Of Faults and Falls
by Fenny West

According to Thomas Carlyle, Essayist, Historian
"The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none."

God made us perfect but sin marred us. Hence, 'for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.' No matter how good we think are, we need a Saviour. Our righteousness is as filthy rags before God. If we fail in one God's standard we fail in all. We are sinners by nature. In sin we were conceived.

8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.(1John1:9)

For this reason, we need to acknowledge that we are sinners and ask for forgiveness and reconciliation with God through His Son Jesus Christ. This is the meaning of repentance and salvation which ushers a fresh start.

9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.(Rom.10:9-10)

17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2Cor5:17)


After salvation we need to realize that we are New Creatures- the old has gone and the New has come. Our Spirit has been recreated. God's Spirit comes to in-dwell us.
However, our minds still need to be renewed. The old way of thinking, conditioned by the world around us must be subjected to the cleansing of the word of God. We must pull down every imagination that runs counter to the word of God. This takes time, discipline and commitment.
As we summit our lives to the word of God, we begin to change for the better and become more like Him.

3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2Cor10:3-5)

The rate at which we grow depends on how humble we are to recognize our faults as He sheds the light of His Word on them.

Young men, in the same way be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,
"God opposes the proud
but gives grace to the humble." 6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.(1Pet.5:5-6 NIV)

This does not mean we should constantly be introspective and focus on our faults. We must also realize that we are God's marvelous creatures. You are His masterpiece, created for His purposes, with great potential waiting to be unfurled.
Creation is eagerly waiting for your manifestation. 'Who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this.'

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marveloushow well I know it.
(Ps139:14 New Living Translation)

Yet from time to time we would fall just like babies that are learning to walk. This is not an occasion to give up. Remember: the righteous man falls seven times but he rises again. Get up and try again. Ask God to give you the power of the Holy Spirit to overcome and He will.

16 The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again.
But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked. (Prov.24:16)


Let us Pray:
Lord, I come to You today, acknowledging that it is not by might nor by power but by Your Spirit. Help me, Lord, to think your thoughts and live according to your word. I choose not to conform to the world, my culture or people's opinion but choose to be renewed in my mind as to know what is Your good, acceptable and perfect will.
I pull down every imagination and stronghold that defies Your word.
Grant me a fresh anointing to rise above my flesh and let your Spirit to dominate my spirit in Jesus' name Amen.

Copy it rightly

www.inspiration4generations.com

[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print