GOD-TRACKING IS RECEIVING GODâS ABUNDANT GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
by Dudley Anderson

GodTracker 622
The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
Published through www.godtracker.co.uk

31 March 2017  

Dear God-tracker

GOD-TRACKING IS RECEIVING GOD’S ABUNDANT GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Ephesians 1:13-14
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

I think one of the most endearing stories of the book of Acts is found in chapter 10. It’s the story of how a Roman army officer by the name of Cornelius is instructed by God to send for Apostle Peter. He is told that Peter had a special message for him. Up to that point the whole Church of Christ was Jewish. However, through a vision, God prepared Peter to accept Cornelius’ request. So, Peter makes his way to Cornelius’ home and begins to tell him and his family about how Jesus went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed of the devil. Then, as he tells them how Jesus was unjustly arrested and sentenced to death something surprising and remarkable happens. We read from verse 44, “While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word. And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles.” It must have been quite a spectacle. One minute Peter is preaching to a sedate household of Roman citizens and the next minute splendid pandemonium breaks out as the joy of the Holy Spirit falls on all who heard the Word of God and they all begin speaking in tongues!

God is no respecter of persons. That is, God does not consider some people to be greater or more important than others. God does not segregate. God treats us all as dear children. Jesus said, God loved the world so much that he sent his only Son. Peter discovered in the home of a Roman centurion in the town of Caesarea, even Romans were included in that word, “world.”

So it was that Cornelius received the abundant gift of God. The Holy Spirit is God’s dear presence and person who manifests to all who open their hearts to God’s Word. The Holy Spirit is our guarantee – our down payment – of heaven. He is God’s abundant seal on us in this world, guaranteeing eternal life. Cornelius was born again in spirit and received new life by the Holy Spirit when he heard Peter speak. Yet, the gift of the Holy Spirit became evident when he totally submitted to the Word of God. At that point he was baptised with the Holy Spirit the way John the Baptist described when he said, “He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”

God revealed his unconditional love when Gentile Cornelius and his family were saved and filled with the Holy Spirit. They received God’s free and abundant gift that day. This same gift is still free today. Whoever you are, whatever your background, Jesus desires for you to not only know forgiveness of sin and be born again, but he desires to baptise you in his Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit is your guarantee of his abundant life.

God-tracking is receiving God’s abundant gift of the Holy Spirit

Be filled with the Holy Spirit

Dudley

READ ALL ABOUT IT
Acts 10
John 3:16-17
2 Corinthians 1:19-22
Matthew 3:11


Don’t Give Up, Look Up!

I submit to the infilling of your Spirit. Dear Jesus, baptise me with the Spirit and with fire! I’m yours, Lord

Pray
“O Lord God, thank you that you sent Jesus to the whole world, which includes me. Thank you that Jesus died and rose again to free me from the bondage of sin and death; I accept this fact as my own and put my faith in Jesus. Thank you that I am born again by the Holy Spirit. Now, O Lord, I open my heart totally to your touch; I submit to the infilling of your Spirit. Dear Jesus, baptise me with the Spirit and with fire! I’m yours, Lord. Amen.”

If you prayed this prayer today, please let me know by email me at [email protected]
___________________________________________________________________
BECOME A MINISTRY PARTNER

This work is expanding under God's clear mandate!
You can be part of what God is doing worldwide through radio and print media.

Make regular or a one-off contribution to this work by following the PayPal link at:
http://www.godtracker.co.uk/index.html#PP
___________________________________________________________________

What is GodTracker?
GodTracker is a weekly e-mail devotional based on the premise that God has a plan for our lives. His word calls us to seek his will by acknowledging him in all our ways and tracking this plans in faith.

GodTracker owes its origins to an international Christian radio programme produced by Dudley Anderson called, On Track. Although On Track went off-air in 2005, GodTracker has continued to help people track God's plans and purposes for their lives since July 2003.

Listen to the 60 second GodTracker radio spots at…
http://www.godtracker.co.uk/index.html#Listen

Recommend GodTracker to a friend.
http://godtracker.co.uk/index.html#subscribe



Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa Dudley Anderson began writing for radio in 1994. Dudley currently writes a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought called GodTracker and has complied 2 devotional books based on GodTracker. More information at surereaity.net 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print