The Eulogy
by PamFord Davis

What might clergy say about you at your funeral?

My husband and I attended two funerals in recent weeks. I believe the eulogies brought hope and comfort to the survivors. In addition, the pastor's personal reflections of the faith and character of the deceased served as an inspiration to all who attended these services.

Joseph's heart and faith shone brightly to those who observed his life.

“The Lord was with Joseph, and he was a successful man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. And his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord made all he did to prosper in his hand (Genesis 39:2-3 NKJV).”

His eulogy was a work in progress.

“But the Lord was with Joseph and showed him mercy, and He gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison. And the keeper of the prison committed to Joseph’s hand all the prisoners who were in the prison; whatever they did there, it was his doing. The keeper of the prison did not look into anything that was under Joseph’s authority, because the Lord was with him; and whatever he did, the Lord made it prosper (Genesis 39:21-23 KJV).”

From steward, to overseeing prisoners; it shaped Joseph for greater service and honor. He told Pharaoh to prepare Egypt for a great famine. God had already 'prepared him' for that task.

“And Pharaoh said to his servants, 'Can we find such a one as this, a man in whom is the Spirit of God (Genesis 41:38 NKJV)?”

Eulogy... The LORD was with Joseph; he prospered.

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print