Secret Saboteurs (Abridged Version)
by Toni Babcock

" If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31b KJV)

In life we may find ourselves dealing with someone who seems to be against us - who appears to seize every opportunity to discredit us. This person may appear dismissive, overly critical, or discouraging. For example, when we attain personal success they are strangely silent, but suddenly appear like flies on road kill every time we make a mistake. Eventually we begin to feel like road kill - just waiting for the next truck to hit us. This is precisely what the devil wants, because when we begin to feel like road kill, we won't succeed in doing anything worthwhile in the kingdom of God.

But wait…maybe you and I are a part of the problem. Just maybe we have gotten our eyes off of Jesus and onto people. This is always an invitation to trouble. We look to the wrong source for validation, and consequently allow someone else's behavior to effect the way we look at our own worth in the eyes of God. In the process of licking our wounds, we begin to feel a bit too sorry for ourselves. Ironically we become our own saboteurs!

All is not lost however, Jesus is still on the throne.

Trace the thread back to where it started. When did you get your eyes off of Jesus? Stop feeling victimized. Consider how God allowed this person into your life to make you a better Christian. Take whatever good you can out of the experience without assuming "road kill" status. At the end of the day, if God is telling you something you need to hear - be willing to listen.

Re-edited and abridged from original

Revised copyright 2017



Copyright 2022. Toni Babcock is author of Reflections from the Heart in Light of the Gospel of Jesus, and The Stone Writer, Christian Fiction for Young Readers and Teens. Many of her devotionals have been featured on www.faithwriters.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print