A Model Christian
by Steve Countryman

To be a Christian is to be Christ-like! Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Isaiah 40:31 “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

To be a model Christian doesn’t mean that you put on your Sunday Christian face. It means that you are to MODEL, exemplify, be the example, represent Christ-like behavior everywhere you go and are. If the world knows that you are a Christian they will carefully watch EVERYTHING you do and say. They’re looking to see what makes you different from the world. When you MODEL Christ-likeness you are displaying the love and characteristics of what Jesus Christ is like.

To MODEL Christianity is to be the example in ALL that you do not just in what you say. Being a Christian isn’t about what denomination you are but how you live your daily life. It takes practice and help from the Holy Spirit but then we are all practicing Christians. Being a Christian is a life choice not a Sunday ritual. Make modeling Christ a daily choice just as you choose your clothes for the day choose to model Christ daily.

God the Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit doesn’t just love but is LOVE! 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 4”Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.”




Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print