Blindfolded
by PamFord Davis

Many games for children have been passed down by parents and grandparents over several generations. Two popular games, Blind Man's Bluff and Pin the Tail on the Donkey involve blindfolds. At a party, someone places a blindfold on a child and turns them around repeatedly causing dizziness. The crowd laughs as the blindfolded child becomes disoriented and confused.

To scoffers, the mockery and torture of Jesus was little more than a game to pass time. With disgust and contempt they beat and blindfolded the divine Son of God. Christ did not become confused; He knew that His captors were blinded by sin.

“The men who were holding Jesus started mocking and beating Him. After blindfolding Him, they kept asking, 'Prophesy! Who hit You?' And they were saying many other blasphemous things against Him.

When daylight came, the elders of the people, both the chief priests and the scribes, convened and brought Him before their Sanhedrin. They said, 'If You are the Messiah, tell us.'

But He said to them, 'If I do tell you, you will not believe. And if I ask you, you will not answer. But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the Power of God.'

They all asked, 'Are You, then, the Son of God?'

And He said to them, 'You say that I am.'

'Why do we need any more testimony,' they said, 'since we’ve heard it ourselves from His mouth (Luke 22:63-71 HCSB)?”

Yes, they heard with their ears but they did not believe in the only begotten Son of God.

 

 

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print