Israel's Shepherds
by

Feelings are part of our carnal life and although God recognises our weaknesses and vulnerabilities, I believe He wants to lift us to higher plains. To fly like eagles believing His Word, trusting in His Word and watching the victory of His Word materialise.

We are often let down by the very people we trust. These can be our own families, whom we have known since birth. We can be let down particularly by our leaders of our faith in Jesus. Our carnal nature, looking up to anyone in a so called higher position is idolatrous in nature. It is our self which creates idols whether they be in someone, something or even a place which brings calm to our lives.

But as I read God's Word and take deeper His perspective, His truth is that man cannot be trusted. Man's word is flawed, biased and from limited thinking. We, as humans are damaged goods, the genetics are damaged so trying to rectify this is only going to fail. The old heart needs to be transplanted with a new one given by Jesus.

New life can only take place in our lives through Jesus. His blood shed for us on the cross is clean and righteous and covers all sins.

The truth is only God is good.

I hear myself saying 'oh he's a good man' I'm aware that this is not true; none of us is good. Our motives are very often selfish and biased towards feeding ourselves. All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.

Shepherds overseeing their flocks as mentioned in Ezekiel 34 are failing the flock. There are many saints left on the wayside in need of healing, love and acceptance. I was drawn to this scripture last night and knew in my heart as I meet so many women particularly and some men who have been abused. They have been scattered. They have been neglected and like the good samaritan left for dead, sometimes physically and more often than not spiritually.

"Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them". EZEKIEL 34 v 10

The shepherds have trusted in man and man-made ideals and moved away from dependence on God, God's Hand is lifting from them.

For those that are scattered, bruised and torn the Lord says

" I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment" EZEKIEL 34 v 16

"Thus shall they know that I the Lord their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the Lord God." EZEKIEL 34 30

copyright to jacqui julyan 
@[email protected].

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print