The Temptation In The Garden Of Eden
by Ngozi Nwoke

What is there to learn from the temptation that occurred in the Garden of Eden? Many people can only remember the account of the temptation in Genesis 3 for the fall of man and the punishments given to the Adam, Eve and the serpent. But there are other things to learn from there. This post shares some other things to pick from the temptation of Adam and Eve.

Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate - Genesis 3:4-7 (NKJV).

The scriptures are for reproof, correction, instructions and doctrine so that you may be complete and fully prepared for good works (2 Timothy 3:16-17), and this includes the scriptures on the temptation of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. This describes the fall of man from grace to grass, but there are also some important things to learn from the story.

Lessons from the temptation in the Garden of Eden

1. Unrevealed things are for your good.

Secret things are for God but the revealed ones are for us (Deuteronomy 29:29). It is not everything that you should know. There are certain things that should remain unknown. When God does not reveal certain things to you even after your persistent request for a revelation of the thing, know that it is for your good. God loves you and would always shield you from future troubles in any way He deems fit, which may include not giving you all the details of something. This is due to the fact that He is knows the end from the beginning and He knows you very well as your creator. Rely on God's love and trust that He will never mismanage your life or destiny.

God told Adam not to eat from a particular tree and did not give them the reason why they shouldn't eat from it. But satan came and gave them the reason and they did exactly what God wanted to avoid for them - to desire to know the good and the evil. They were being shielded from evil, but disobedience exposed them to it, and that became the genesis of evil on earth.

2. Don't be tempted to know what is not revealed from other sources

When you ask God for revelation of something and it seems as if the Lord is not ready to answer yet, wait on Him till your change come (Job 14:14). Don't try to be smarter or faster than God by going to find out in the wrong way. The enemy does not like you and only wants to steal from you, destroy and kill you or your destiny. Nothing from the devil is ever good. It may look good at first but at the long run the evil of him will come out. If God doesn't show you what you requested for, leave it and move on.

The devil revealed what would happen if Adam and Eve were to eat the forbidden fruit and Eve wanted to know good and evil, to be wise against God's will for them. When they yielded to the temptation, satan's destructive mission was achieved.

3. Don't be led by your flesh

Being carnally minded only leads to death but being spiritually minded leads to life and peace (Romans 8:6). Allowing yourself to be led by your fleshly desires brings about your down fall. When you walk in the flesh you lose to the enemy, but when you walk in the spirit you overcome all temptations (Galatians 5:16).

The tree looked good to the eyes and for food. Adam and Eve gave in to the temptation to satisfy their flesh and they lost to the enemy.

4. Bad company will always cause trouble for you

Bad company corrupts good manners (1 Corinthians 15:33), but you are blessed when you do not walk according to the counsel of the wicked nor keep their company (Psalm 1:1). Adam and Eve were okay, walking in obedience to God until they engaged a conversation with the serpent. The conversation corrupted their thoughts and obedience to God, which led to their fall and punishment.

5. Blaming others never solves any problem

Many people have the habit of blaming others for bad happenings instead of taking responsibility of their actions that led to the bad happenings. Blaming others will not make the problem to disappear. Adam and Eve were blaming others but it didn't change the result of their disobedience. What happened had happened and they were all to face the consequences, no one was exempted.

6. There is always a consequence of disobedience

Every step you want to take or decision you want to make presents two options (Deuteronomy 30:19): obedience or disobedience to God. Your choice determines the outcome you get. God doesn't just punish people, we are the ones who decide what we get. Obey God and enjoy blessings, disobey God and receive curses and face the consequences. Adam and Eve chose to disobey God and they received the curses and punishment that go with it.

What other lessons can you pick from the temptation in the Garden of Eden?

 

 

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print