Bible 2. BUT I SAY UNTO YOU, THAT WHOSOEVER LOOKETH ON A WOMAN TO LUST AFTER HER HATH COMMITTED ADULTERY WITH HER ALREADY IN HIS HEART. Matt. 5: 28
by Eugene Lopatynsky

ADULTERY and your eternity? Thought you had it made?

Is this one almost certain to be the most unpopular article this year?

But it’s wrong to close our eyes and make excuses for a dying world, dying in sin. God created sex to be extremely enjoyable and it is and it is designed to function, for a maximum of personal happiness, in a biblical marriage. All abuse – biblically unlawful sex – actually destroys biblical marriage. The latter, truthfully, is the only most happy and productive relationship in the long run. We live inside a marriage, regardless of country, climate or culture. Entire powerful civilizations were lost historically because of marital immorality. You can read about it in any history book.

Sex has always been Satan’s most effective lever to pry us away from God. That is exactly how “Evolution” came in, as an excuse to change sexual mores. This is, perhaps, the most powerful of the three levers the devil has, each spiritually deadly, using sex (lust of the flesh), greed (lust of the eyes) and Ego (self-esteem, pride of life). Evolution was ready made for full exercise of all three levers in the arsenal of this god of betrayal.

1 John 2:16. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Perhaps, let us start with definitions. The greatest damage must be in unlawful sex with a married woman, who still has husband and a functioning marriage, especially with dependent children. That probably is the definition of ADULTERY. The presence of kids makes it only more serious.

Matthew 5:27-30

  1. Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
  2. But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Consider, that our Savior said WOMAN, not virgin. Unmarried women, apart from prostitutes, were virgins in every respectable culture; certainly excluding this ‘modern’ society of our time. Whether an unmarried man can look with desire upon an unmarried girl (originally called virgin) is, I believe, a different matter, something you can discuss yourself with God. Should not a young man WANT (desire to have) a wife?

We have permitted the “god of betrayal” and his people to establish a very sex oriented environment. Nearly all women dress to be sexually appealing. It is very difficult not to lust. Today, a Christian has to be a strong Christian. Another serious complicating matter is that God may consider a divorced woman to be still married, in God’s eyes. This is something for marrying pastors truly to worry about. Is the woman free to remarry according to God?

No Remarriage Laws: Rom. 7:1-3, Matt. 5:32, Luke 16:18. The only exception there might be being born again since, creating a new ballpark – but only once!

Free to Remarry Laws: 1 Cor.7: 10-16.

Biblically, sex is for lifelong marriage. Otherwise better listen to what God says.

Colossians 3:5-8

  1. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
  2. For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
  3. In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
  4. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
  5. Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
  6. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

FORNICATION is more difficult to define, but there is general consensus that it describes sex between single people, outside marriage. The reason why it is discouraged is to protect future children (no abortion, God help us!) and to avoid future frequent and very serious problems arising from uncommitted relationships.

2 Peter 1:4

  1. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Galatians 5:19

  1. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

(Look up the rest of the passage, it’s interesting. It is an exact description of our fallen nature; the real content of any history book.)

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8

  1. For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
  2. That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
  3. Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

CONCUSPICENSE translates into strong sexual desire leading into fornication or adultery. This definition is the most probable, although there is some blurring of meaning.

LASCIVIOUS translates most probably into indecent, lewd, filthy, obscene, crude talk and behavior. This type of attitude suggests and promotes corresponding actions.

God provided full and complete outlet for sex in honorable and responsible marriage – both monogamous, and if this was insufficient for some men, also polygamous marriage. This was far, far better than four or five consecutive divorces and a crowd of destroyed children. The laws of the Bible protected these marriages. Today even monogamous marriage is practically going extinct.

For young people, eventually contemplating marriage, may I suggest a careful study of “Marriage Protection” in www.remnantonly.info, under ‘surprise info’ (on bar). Careless marriages are now wrought with extreme hazard. The partners need to be especially selected, investigated; premarital contracts must be drawn up and so on, just to give the marriage some chance.

We need, actually, the Lord God to help us with this. Turn to God and start with, “Dearest Lord God, send me a good, Christian wife! Help us to obey your marital laws for life and never consider betrayal (divorce, adultery), Holy Father, in Jesus name I pray.”

Do not neglect a daily Bible study to keep your mind on God and minimize unfaithful tendencies within the entire family. You know how much a divorce costs? A daily Bible study is a marvelous investment.



To get a list of my articles write my full name (Eugene Lopatynsky) into GOOGLE, then click on faithwriters.

Or use EDGE for your search engine.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print