Women In Church
by Leonard Granger

LEN'S LINES -- A Little Religion  On A Positive  Note  by Len  Grang
 
    The early Christian churches  had women in positions that only men hold today.  It is interesting to read how the preaching of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ differs from some of the Scripture  writers that wrote the New Testament.
 
    Jesus had defied the standards of first-century male dominated society by treating woman as equals before the Lord.  Jesus tells all believers  are equal before the Cross.  Mathew 12:5 " For whosoever shall do the will of our Father which is in heaven,    the same is my brother and sister and mother," 
 
    Apostle Paul also declared all people   equal in the family of God,  Galatians 3: 26-29."    For ye are all the children of God by faith in Jesus Christ. For as many as you have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew or Greek,  there is neither bond or free, there is neither male or female;  for ye are all  one in Jesus Christ. And if ye be Christ's,  then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.'
 
   We read in Paul's letters to the church at Corinth,  as he responded to a number of questions the Corinthian  Christians had asked him.  One was about a woman who prays and prophesies in their church.  We read  in  Corinthians 11:5, " For every woman that prayeth or prophesieth  with her head uncovered dishonoreth her head for that is even all one as if she was shaven."
 
   For the first 1,000 years the early Christian church had women deaconesses as Apostle Paul wrote about.   When the church authorities found the Greek word for woman could also be  defined as wife, they  changed the Bible to read from Deacon Women to read Deacon Wife.  
 
   I have attended large churches that had men deacons  and women deaconesses to serve the Lord and needs of the church. The deacons wives as deaconesses served the needs of the women of the church and did not hold any official title.  The Word Of God the Bible never changes but man reads it differently and we now have Godly churches  of many denominations.
 
  Trust this  Sunday we all be in the church of our choice as we worship and honor our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
 
   God Bless America
 


No Copyright.  Website TipTopWebsite.com/LensLines
Christian Newspaper Writer in California
[email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print