Choices Have Consequences
by PamFord Davis


Singer, Len Barry had a hit record titled ‘1-2-3.’ We don't have to understand the mysteries of love to experience it. 1-2-3 or A-B-C, it's easy to fall in love. Yet, to truly love someone is a choice.

Let's Make a Deal fans knew too well the dangers of making the wrong choice. The stage held three big curtains. 1-2-3. One concealed the grand prize. Another offered second best. The third resulted in rounds of laughter and humiliation.

King David angered God when he called for a census. In pride, he sought proof of his military might. The decision hindered his walk of faith. It came at a high price.

“Go and tell David, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord: ‘I offer you three things; choose one of them for yourself, that I may do it to you (1 Chronicles 21:10 NKJV).”

Gad shared the rest of the story. David had the choice of three years of famine in the land, three months of defeat in military battles or three days of disease outbreak.

The nation would suffer long if he chose three years of famine. David knew the second choice would be unwise. Why receive punishment from a heartless enemy?  He trusted his God. Earthly fathers discipline wayward sons; David willingly submitted to His merciful heavenly Father.

Three days of disease took the lives of many and softened the heart of King David. He was held accountable for his prideful choice of a census. Mercy prevailed. In repentance, he offered sacrifices with a contrite heart.



 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print