How to come into His rest
by lareina morgan

Psalm 95


v1 Come, we will sing together to the *LORD!

We will shout aloud to the *Rock that makes us safe!

v2 Come into (God’s) house and thank him!

Tell him that he is great!

(Do it) with music and with songs!

v3 (This is) because the *LORD is the great God.

He is the great king that is more important than every other god.

v4 The deep places of the earth are in his hand.

The tops of the mountains are his.

v5 The sea is his, because he made it.

Also, his hands made the dry land.

v6 Come, we will fall down on our knees in front of him.

We will stay on our knees in front of the *LORD that made us.

v7 (We will do this) because he is our God.

Also, we are the people that he feeds and keeps safe.

We are as animals and he is as the farmer (that feeds us)!

Today, if you hear his voice,

v8 do not refuse to listen (to him).

You did this at Meribah

and you did it one day at Massah, in the *desert.

v9 There, your fathers *tested me to discover what I could do.

But they had already seen my work!

v10 For 40 years I was angry with those people.

And I said, "They are people that refuse to obey me.

They (say that they) do not know what I want them to do".

v11 I was so angry that I said,

"They will never come into my rest".

 

There is a story in the book of Exodus that explains the general attitude of humanity when it comes to God. The Israelites were in the desert wilderness and they came to a place where there was no water. They complained to Moses and began to accuse Moses and God of leading them into the desert to die because they could not find water.

They would have had reason to be concerned if they were all alone in the desert by themselves; they seemed to forget they were being protected and nurtured by the Creator of the universe. Is there anything that the Lord Of Hosts can't do?


Exodus Ch 17 1-7

All the Israelites left the desert called Sin. They travelled from one place to another place. When the LORD ordered them, then they moved. One day they camped at the place called Rephidim. But there was no water for the people to drink at Rephidim. So they quarrelled with Moses.

‘Give to us water to drink!’ they demanded. You should not quarrel with me’, Moses said to them. ‘You are testing the LORD when you demand this!’ But the people needed water, so they continued to complain against Moses. They said, ‘You should not have brought us away from Egypt. You will make us, our children and our animals die because we are so thirsty!’

Then Moses cried out to the LORD. ‘What shall I do with these people?’ he said. ‘Soon they will be throwing stones at me. They want to kill me.’ The LORD answered Moses. ‘Walk on ahead of the people. Take some of their leaders with you. And take your stick in your hand. You used that stick to hit the River Nile. So go now. v6 Go to the rock at Horeb. I will stand there in front of you. Hit the rock with your stick. Then water will come out of it for the people to drink.’

So Moses hit the rock while Israel’s leaders were watching him. They were testing the LORD. They asked, ‘Is the LORD with us or is he not with us?’ So Moses called that place Massah (which means ‘to test’). And he called it Meribah (which means ‘to argue’). He did that because the Israelites quarrelled with him there.


The Israelites focused on their circumstances instead of focusing on their God. These are the same people who witnessed the the parting of the red Sea; they saw the destruction of pharoah's army, and left Egypt healthy, whole and with sound minds, but they dared to ask if God could give them water. What was wrong with their demands? They doubted His power and His sincerity. They did not choose to look at the situation with faith.


God ultimately gave them the water they needed through His servant Moses, and He gave them many things they wanted and needed, but He saw the hardness of their hearts and that is why he declared, "They will never come into my rest". So, when the time came for the His people to go into the promised land, only their children, and two others left from that generation actually set their feet in that rest, the promised land, after they crossed the river Jordan. All of the previous generation who had seen all His amazing miracles died in the desert.

Do you see this type of attitude today? Miracles are happening around us everyday, such as waking up in the morning to see a new day with the sun rising in your eyes, with food on your table and your loved ones around you. People are being healed everyday of illnesses, addictions, malformities: sight is restored and people are coming back from the dead. You won't hear about any of these miracles on your local news channel; it's not considered newsworthy.

With all the amazing things going on everyday, there are some who still demand evidence that there is a God; there is plenty of evidence of His existence, both scientific and spiritual proof, but hard hearts will only believe what they want to believe.


That is where some people fail, they imagine a God of their own making, or no God at all, instead of seeking out the real God of heaven.


The best thing that you can ever do in your life is to see seek rest and shelter in the arms of God. He is willing to comfort you in your time of need. Place your whole life, your mind your heart in His hands, and He will never deceive you or lead you astray.


What do i need to do first to find Him?


Prayer of Salvation


Lord,

I repent for trying to be master of my own life. I change my mind about who I want to be in charge of my life. I turn from my useless and unproductive thoughts that I am the center of my universe and choose to believe in the living God who created everything, including me (Acts 14:15). I have lived without a purpose but now I will live to hear and obey You, God (Jn. 5:19, 20,30).

I confess with my lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. I believe that God so loved the world He sent His only Son Jesus to shed His blood to wash away the barrier of sin (Jn. 3:16)

I receive You, Jesus as MY Lord and Savior (Jn. 1:11,12).

I welcome You, Holy Spirit, into my life to rescue and empower me and to restore me to intimacy with my heavenly Father (Acts 2:38).


If you just confessed this prayer, you are saved! I welcome you into the family my (brother/sister) I pray for peace, joy, and happiness in your life as you allow the Lord to love you and bless you and give you assurance of everlasting life with Him forever and ever......PRAISE GOD!


May the Lord keep you and Bless you this day....Amen



from the true world of God Blog
https://learningtoliveandloveinthewordofgod.blogspot.com/


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print