I call My people righteous
by lareina morgan

Psalm 98

v1 Sing a new song to the *LORD.

Because he has done *wonderful things.

His right hand and his *holy arm

have made (his people) safe.

v2 The *LORD has made everybody to know

that he has made (his people) safe.

He has shown everybody (in the world)

that he is a *righteous (God).


What does the word 'righteous' mean? When applied to the Lord, it means He is very good, He does what is right, He is perfect, and has never done anything wrong. So then, what does it mean when the Lord calls his people righteous?

Isaiah Ch 42:6

"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles"

Luke Ch 5 30-32


But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?” Jesus answered, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

In the old testament and the new testament, the Lord refers to his people as righteous. In God's eyes, we are righteous, not because we are good or perfect, but because we believe in Him, we have confessed our sins, and we choose to live our lives as His disciples.

He knows that we can never live up to the title of righteous; His reason for accepting us the way we are is simple: He loves us and He wants us for ourselves. He sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins; when we confess Jesus as our savior, we become righteous in
His eyes. He forgets our past transgressions and when He sees us, He sees the Blood of Jesus. Spiritually, we are cleansed by the Blood of Jesus.


We are righteous in His eyes, but we are not perfect. Our spirits have been renewed, but our minds and hearts are still in a fallen state. That is why we can come to Him when we make a mistake; we will receive forgiveness, as long as we maintain an intimate relationship with Him. In His presence we will find peace and forgiveness.


Once you have been forgiven, put your past behind you and don't worry. He will never bring it back up again, because He wants to forgive and forget. Only the enemy brings up your past mistakes to intimidate you with fear and condemnation, so don't let him do that to you. Just say to the devil, the Lord forgave me and I am covered by the Blood of the Lamb and then don't think about it anymore.


If you don't have a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, I encourage to seek Him out, He will never leave you or forsake you, He will carry your burdens, and cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

 

Prayer of Salvation


Lord,

I repent for trying to be master of my own life. I change my mind about who I want to be in charge of my life. I turn from my useless and unproductive thoughts that I am the center of my universe and choose to believe in the living God who created everything, including me (Acts 14:15). I have lived without a purpose but now I will live to hear and obey You, God (Jn. 5:19, 20,30).

I confess with my lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. I believe that God so loved the world He sent His only Son Jesus to shed His blood to wash away the barrier of sin (Jn. 3:16)

I receive You, Jesus as MY Lord and Savior (Jn. 1:11,12).

I welcome You, Holy Spirit, into my life to rescue and empower me and to restore me to intimacy with my heavenly Father (Acts 2:38).


If you just confessed this prayer, you are saved! I welcome you into the family my (brother/sister) I pray for peace, joy, and happiness in your life as you allow the Lord to love you and bless you and give you assurance of everlasting life with Him forever and ever......PRAISE GOD!

 



from the true world of God Blog
https://learningtoliveandloveinthewordofgod.blogspot.com/


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print